Thursday 22 September 2011

My BumbleBeez

It has been a journey indeed...
How could I possibility forget that I still have my very own Bumblebeez? But I have forgotten to feed and nuture it for the past 2 over months. The reason is , I am exhausted ! mentally, physically & emotionally.

Today, I read an inspirational book. Its called Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul. Ive always like Chicken Soup because all the stories in it was non friction written by people from all over the world. They shared their life stories about how they managed to fight life despite the ordeal they have to go thru mostly by themselves when their partners or children leave them to be with angels.

I came across a story titled "You Can Do It". Its about this lady by the name of Mary Kay. Her husband and her wanted to start a company selling beauty products and they have decided to pour all their savings into their new 'baby' but sadly before they get to it, her husband suffered a fatal heart attack and gone with the angels, leaving her and their premature company.

All by herself, she did not give up despite the negative feedbacks from her attorney and accountant. Both advised her to liquidate the business in order not to incurred more loses. She fought hard together with the love and support from her children.

Today, Mary Kay Inc. is a billion dollar company. Well done Miss... Wherever you may be. Thank you for sharing your story. BUT, that was not the point I wanted to make. I didnt meant to just share Mary Kay's story or about how courageous she is. I wanted to share what I read towards the end and wat inspires me even more..

She wrote:" If you ever come to visit Mary Kay headquarters in Dallas, you may see someone wearing a diamond pin in the shape of a bumblebee. Within our organization, the bumblebee has become the ultimate symbol of accomplishment. We selected it because of what the bumblebee represents for all women. Years ago, aerodynamic engineers studied this creature and decided that it simply should not be able to fly. Its wings are too weak and its body too heavy for flight. But I like to think that maybe - just maybe - our Divine Creator whispered,:You can do it!" So it did!!"

*Smile* This story may seems like an ordinary non-fiction to most. Afterall, its in Chaper 3, story 5 .. most often when one gets to the end of the book which hold 10 chapters with 101 stories, who will remember having read about a lady by the name of Mary Kay? :)

I am secretly happy in that little corner of my heart.. Because I, too have a bumblebee.. and Yes, I CAN DO IT !

No comments: